Friday, February 28, 2014

Dewberry Goat Milk & Glycerin/Goat Milk Melt & Pour

I made this soap the same day and basically the same way as the soap posted below, except that I used a  different mold and fragrance and the coloured portion is all one colour- but I'm sure you noticed that already:) OK, so here's what's different. I used my usual amounts of soap posted in the instructions here but I wanted the  glycerin portion to be more opaque, more the way coloured goat milk soap would look. So when I was melting the coloured glycerin soap, I added a few squares of goat milk soap to melt with it. Then I had to add a little bit of purple colour because the white goat milk soap had diluted the colour. Then I had to wonder if the glycerin  soap with a little bit of goat milk soap melted with it would have enough weight to sink through the goat milk soap with no glycerin added to it and it did! So the coloured portion of the soap is semi opaque and not as vibrant in colour. The Dewberry fragrance was added to the goat milk without glycerin. Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment